(Also see the following relevant Governing Laws: Statute 3.18, ECR 6.01-1, Statute 6.02)
- I will know and understand the obligations stated in The Jordan Standard, The Sigma Chi Creed, and the ideals expressed in the Sigma Chi Ritual, and I will strive to incorporate them in my daily life.
- I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- I will respect the dignity of all persons; therefore, I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
- I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
- I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol
- I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter house and/or property cleaned and maintained
- I will challenge all my Fraternity members to abide by these fraternal expectations and will confront those who violate them.
Adopted from the National Interfraternity Conference’s Statement of Fraternal Values and Ethics.