Sigma Chi International Fraternity Oral History Project
Every Sig has a story and we want to hear yours!
Sigma Chi International Fraternity has partnered with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) to collect stories from our alumni in their own words. These stories will be preserved in a book that celebrates the impact Sigma Chi has had on your life and who you are today. Sigma Chi members will then be able to purchase the book, and a portion of the proceeds from the project will benefit Sigma Chi.
Helping you stay connected
As part of this project, we are also taking the opportunity to learn more about our alumni and to make it easier for you to stay connected with Sigma Chi. PCI will help us collect updated contact information from members who have moved, changed email addresses or started a new job.
Telling your story
Which Sigma Chi memories will you share?
- Did a brother, advisor or alumnus have a profound impact on your life?
- Did you find your Sigma Chi sweetheart as part of your experience?
- Can you trace your career path back to a defining moment in Sigma Chi, at an event or in a role you served in?
- Have connections you made while you were an undergraduate turned into lifelong friendships?
- Were you in Sigma Chi during a historical moment?
- Did members of your family join Sigma Chi (are you a legacy)?
What happens next?
Beginning Aug. 5, you will be receiving email and postcard communications from the PCI team with instructions on how to participate. We’d invite you to share your stories with us and take part in this project to preserve the experiences and voices of our alumni. The PCI team will collect stories until Feb. 3, 2023. After that, they will enter a post-production phase editing the data. We hope to have the book distributed late May 2023.
Who do I contact with questions about my order or the Sigma Chi International Fraternity Oral History Project?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 or email@example.com and they can assist with any issues related to orders and with questions Sigma Chi members have about the project.
Frequently Asked Questions by Members
Yes, it is legitimate. Sigma Chi has partnered with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) to produce an oral history publication for the International Fraternity. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the United States for 100 years. This project allows Sigma Chi to hear about your personal experiences and explain how the Fraternity has helped shape your life. An example of what the postcard will look like is below.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage members.
- Legacy – preserves the history of our organization.
- Revenue – generates donation revenue for member programs.
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our organization.
No. This project is being done at no cost. The project is completely funded by the Sigma Chi members who choose to purchase the memories book that will be produced at the end of the project. Various book packages will be offered. PCI will also offer you the option to purchase other Sigma Chi branded merchandise. You are welcome to purchase these items, but you are not required to do so to participate in the project or order the memories book.
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be kept confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact personal identifiable information from all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time with Sigma Chi International Fraternity. Your story will be recorded, and the sound clip provided to Sigma Chi at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, you can call back at any time to share your story.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The Sigma Chi International Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Sigma Chi International Fraternity members.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.