Each delegate must be certified by the presiding and recording officers of the chapter he is representing.
The Consul and Annotator from each undergraduate chapter and the president and secretary from each alumni chapter should follow these steps ensure their group’s voice is heard at Grand Chapter:
- Each Consul/president should select the brother who will serve as his chapter’s delegate to the 83rd Grand Chapter.
- To do this, the Consul/president should log in to sigmachi.org and complete the action item called “Certify your chapter’s Grand Chapter delegate” located in the To Do section of his profile.
- Once the Consul/president has selected his chapter’s delegate, the chapter’s certifying officer or Annotator/secretary will receive an email asking him to certify the delegate that the Consul has selected.
- To do this, the Annotator/secretary also should log in to sigmachi.org and complete the action item called “Certify your chapter’s Grand Chapter delegate” located in the To Do section of his profile.
- The Consul/president, Annotator/secretary and chosen delegate will all receive a confirmation email once this process is complete.
- Once your chapter’s delegate is certified, have the brother register to attend Grand Chapter as either an in-person or virtual registrant. He must register as a delegate.
- If he plans to attend Grand Chapter in person, let him know that he needs to book his travel to and from the event, as well as book his hotel room.
Note: All delegates must be certified prior to the beginning of Grand Chapter at 8:30 a.m. MT on Friday, June 25. Delegates are required to attend all Grand Chapter business sessions, either in-person or virtually. Business sessions will begin at 8:30 a.m. MT on June 25 and end at 5 p.m. MT on June 26. All alumni delegates attending the event in-person must register as full-package participants. Alumni delegates are responsible for the cost of their registration, transportation and hotel room.
All voting members of the Grand Chapter should review the proposed legislation pieces below and be prepared to vote on them during the 83rd Grand Chapter:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee proposal
Grand Tribune Proposal
Governing Laws Proposals