Each delegate must be certified by the presiding and recording officers of the chapter he is representing.
The Consul and Annotator from each undergraduate chapter and the president and secretary from each alumni chapter should follow these steps ensure their group’s voice is heard at Grand Chapter:
- Step No. 1: The Consul/alumni chapter president should log in to chaptersystem.sigmachi.org and complete the action item called “Certify your chapter's Grand Chapter delegate” located in the To Do section of his profile. Here, he will be asked to identify the brother who will serve as the chapter's Grand Chapter delegate.
- Once the Consul/alumni chapter president has selected his chapter's delegate and completed Step No. 1, the Annotator/alumni chapter secretary will receive an email asking him to certify the delegate that the Consul/alumni chapter president has selected.
- Step No. 2: The Annotator/alumni secretary, upon receiving a confirmation email stating the Consul/alumni chapter president has completed Step. No. 1, also should log in to chaptersystem.sigmachi.org and complete the action item called “Certify your chapter's Grand Chapter delegate” located in the To Do section of his profile.
- The Consul/president, Annotator/secretary and chosen delegate will all receive a confirmation email once Step No. 1 and Step No. 2 are complete.
- Step. No. 3: Once your chapter's delegate receives a confirmation email stating he has been certified as a delegate, have him register to attend Grand Chapter as either an in-person or virtual registrant here, and make sure that selects the Delegate registration option, which should be a $0 cost. If your delegate is seeing a cost associated with the delegate registration option, have him wait until the registration site refreshes his delegate status; this could take up to 24 hours. If after 24 hours there is still a cost greater than $0 associated with his delegate registration option, have him contact email@example.com.
- Step No. 4: If your chapter's delegate plans to attend Grand Chapter in person, let him know that he needs to book his travel to and from the event, as well as book his hotel room using this link.
Note: All delegates must be certified prior to the beginning of Grand Chapter at 8:30 a.m. MT on Friday, June 25. Delegates are required to attend all Grand Chapter business sessions, either in-person or virtually. Business sessions will begin at 8:30 a.m. MT on June 25 and end at 5 p.m. MT on June 26. All alumni delegates attending the event in-person must register as full-package participants. Alumni delegates are responsible for the cost of their registration, transportation and hotel room.
All voting members of the Grand Chapter should review the proposed legislation pieces below and be prepared to vote on them during the 83rd Grand Chapter:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee proposal
Grand Tribune Proposal
Governing Laws Proposals
All voting delegates of the Grand Chapter should review the nominations tracker to familiarize themselves with the names of those individuals who have been nominated for Grand Officer positions. This information by 10 a.m. CT each Monday.
83rd Grand Chapter nominations tracker.
Certified Delegates List