Apply For Horizons
Welcome to the 2017 Horizons Huntsman Leadership Summit application. You can access the application here.
The application is due no later than 11:59 pm, on Feb. 5, 2017
Decision letters will be sent on Mar. 17, 2017 and a final acceptance will be due by April 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Jung, DePaul 2015, leadership programs coordinator, at email@example.com.
Horizons 2017 Program Dates
The Sigma Chi Horizons selection committee will select 48 undergraduates for each of the 5 sessions based upon the following criteria:
- Availability for any or all of the sessions listed above.
- Have two full scholastic years remaining in your undergraduate studies as of June 1, 2017.
- Willingness and commitment to participate in pre and post event surveys, activities and assignments.
- Completion of the Online Application (including receipt of all attachments and a letter of reference) by the end of the day Feb. 3, 2017
- Good academic, financial and Sigma Chi member standing.
- Initiated by June 1, 2017.
2017 Essay Questions
1. Of the virtues associated with our Seven Founders, A) which one do you think you currently exemplify the most and why? B) which one would you like to develop most and why?
2. Describe a time when you had to work with someone different from you to resolve a conflict and what was the result?
3. When a Brother does something that does not reflect the values of Sigma Chi, what specific actions would you take to hold that Brother accountable?
4. What will your legacy be, and how will you have impacted your community?
The Horizons Selection Committee is seeking our most qualified and best young Brothers to apply. Our program remains a competitive selection process blind to chapter affiliation.
Program attendees will be selected through a review of applications meeting all Candidate Requirements, focusing on biographical information, personal essay questions, and a reference letter. You must be eager, willing and available to attend the entire program.
Thanks to the generous contributions of many Sigma Chi Brothers to the Sigma Chi Foundation, Participants are awarded a scholarship of $2700 to cover the full cost of their experience. Horizons and the Sigma Chi Foundation will pay for all on-site food, lodging, and meeting costs. Any incidental expenses will be the responsibility of each attendee.
Participants begin their experiences in an on-site immersion of whole-brained learning that engages their minds and bodies.
As a participant, you will explore the inner territories of leadership:
- How leadership is directly linked to your values and character
- How you can incorporate high-minded values into a lifelong practice of leadership
- How you can discover and utilize your full potential
A team of Sigma Chi alumni faculty who have been carefully chosen and intensively trained to guide the Horizons program, and who share your commitment to self-improvement, will guide you. You will learn from your guide, the other undergraduates, and from yourself.
Horizons will unfold amid the splendor of Snowbird, Utah, an ideal setting for outdoor adventure, interactive learning, and inspired reflection. It will push you to think and act differently. The experience is just a first step, it is the beginning of a personal journey that will change you, and in so doing, change our world.