Grand Council Expense Guidelines
All Grand Council expenses must be submitted no later than by June 30, 2016. Sigma Chi’s year end completes at the end of June. Expenses received after June 30 will not be reimbursed. Conference costs covered and not covered are explained below.
Sigma chi will provide the Doubletree hotel a rooming list based on those Grand Council members who registered to attend the conference, including their requested check-in and check-out dates. Members of the Grand Council do not need to contact the hotel for a reservation.
- For committee members who were scheduled to meet before 3:30 p.m. on Friday, June 10, the Fraternity will cover three nights at the hotel (half the cost per room, based on sharing a room);
- For Grand Council members, if you are sharing a room with another Grand Council member, undergraduate delegate or committee member, then your room and tax charges for Friday and Saturday nights will be billed directly to the Fraternity’s master account;
- If you requested a private room, or will be sharing a room with a non-Grand Council member, then only one night will be billed to the Fraternity’s master and you will be responsible to pay the second night upon checking out;
- If you are arriving early to participate in the Ritual Peer training being conducted by the Ritual Renaissance Committee on Friday, June 10, your room cost for the night of Thursday, June 9, is not covered by the Fraternity; and
- For Grand Council members, sleeping room charges for reservations booked on your own will not be reimbursed.
- All flights must be purchased at least 21 days in advance using Sigma Chi Blue and Gold Travel’s Concur booking tool. Flights can be booked through sigmachi.org/travel. Please contact Natalie Konowal, senior director of conferences, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulty; and
- If you book your flights through any other sources without prior approval, the ticket cost will not be reimbursed.
- Persons driving to the event will be reimbursed 35 cents per mile, based on roundtrip travel from their home to the Doubletree North Shore Hotel in Skokie, Ill; and
- Reimbursement will be limited to the cost of an airline ticket purchased 21 days in advance.
Transportation from O’Hare International Airport to the hotel, and back to O’Hare
- Sigma Chi will be providing transportation to the Doubletree and back to O’Hare on Friday, June 10, and Sunday, June 12; and
- No taxi or car rental fees will be reimbursed.
- The cost for one checked bag each way is reimbursable.
Home to airport fees
- Travel to/from your home to the airport is reimbursed at the rate of 35 cents per mile; and
- Parking at the airport is reimbursed with a receipt. It is encouraged that each person uses the most economical parking method available at their airport.
- Grand Council registration fees for guests;
- Local parking expenses upon arrival in Illinois (note that parking at the hotel is free);
- Flights booked on person’s own, not using the Concur booking tool;
- Driving mileage reimbursement exceeding the cost of a roundtrip flight purchased 21 days in advance;
- Gas for those driving — note: mileage reimbursement is offered instead of gas expenses;
- Transportation in the Chicago area to/from the hotel/airport — note: Headquarters is arranging transportation for all members of the Grand Council;
- Meals other than those provided in conjunction with event;
- Dry cleaning;
- Room service;
- Copies or faxes; and
- Room deliveries.