The program usually takes about 6 ½ hours, including lunch. Typically, the program begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.
- A minimum of 75 percent of the chapter needs to attend the session or the chapter will be assessed the expenses for the program. The Grand Praetor, chapter advisor or Consul may request a higher attendance percentage. This is a reduction from the previous requirement of 90 percent attendance.
- Grand Praetors, chapter advisors and other alumni are encouraged to attend.
Time is needed to identify a facilitator that can match the requested dates of the chapter. It is also necessary to allow the facilitator time to collect data from various sources before the program. This process also allows for the most cost-effective travel arrangements and shipping costs.
- To teach all undergraduate Brothers and Alumni a recruitment process and techniques guided by Sigma Chi values and ideals.
- To introduce a strategic planning process for a Chapter-wide 365 day recruitment approach integrating all available Sigma Chi resources.
- To support the Scobey Spirit Initiative by valuing diversity when recruiting new members of different temperaments, talents and convictions.
- To provide essential recruitment tools, which will help Chapters, identify and recruit men of character helping them realize their full potential.
- The Consul or recruitment chairman needs to reserve a room on campus after the date is set. The chapter may also want to consider reserving this space prior to sending date requests to Headquarters.